Friday, March 25, 2011

Ethnography Results: Week 5


This week I realized that where the elevator is located plays a tremendous impact on the conversations that take place in them. Most of the investigating we have done so far was based in the Richardson or Bright elevators. This week I spent more time in the elevator at my apartment and it was a tremendously different result. Whereas on campus elevators were usually filled with discussions of projects or classes, I had one person in my apartment trying to convince someone in an elevator to share his 6 pack of beer with those of use in the elevator using the argument that there were 6 of us in the elevator. Additionally, I shared an elevator with a couple of charming fellas that were discussing their means of picking up a fake idea to buy beer since they were minors. So the message that I'm currently walking away with is that an apartment elevator is the perfect place to discuss ones illegal activities. Especially if it involves booze.

No comments:

Post a Comment